iCoSys is an applied research institute active in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Complex Systems. At iCoSys, we contribute to support people, enterprises and organisations realising innovation projects by relying on :
- an interdisciplinary team in the IT domains with a true passion for complex systems
- an up-to-date know-how and expertise in AI, data science, deep learning and computer science in general
- a daily investment in scientific communication and economic fabric
- our capacity to conduct scientific research projects
- a strong link to education at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels
iCoSys has 2 core scientific research axes:
- Artificial Intelligence: machine learning, deep learning, big data analysis, signal processing, algorithms and, in a general view, all information systems were data processing is complex.
- Distributed Computing: architectures and programming of parallel and large-scale distributed systems, middleware for programming and monitoring of large-scale distributed systems, mobile systems.
iCoSys has 2 main application domains (not exclusive):
- Sustainable ICT for Smart Living: data management and processing for sensor networks, Web of Things, Machine learning applied to smart city, smart building and smart living, IT for efficiency approaches.
- ICT for Industry 4.0: smart solutions for industries including anomaly detection, simulation of systems, quality assessment and prediction, information indexing and predictive maintenance.
Innovation in Artificial Intelligence and Complex Systems
The institute concentrates on areas with considerable added value for the economy. Therefore, we develop our activities and projects in different sectors such as medicine, finance, production industry, building construction, government and army. We have a proven track of success for different applications such as smart buildings, smart factories, energy management, pathology detection, intelligent mobility and event detection in video surveillance. The institute specializes in massive information processing, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, business intelligence and signal processing. Visit our project page for exemplary projects.
Type of collaborations
With a team of senior researchers and engineers, we welcome applied research projects with academic and industrial partners. Our preferred sources of fundings are innosuisse, FNS, EU projects and direct research mandates.
We are also welcoming research visitors for short or long stays in our institute.